Father Todd is away on vacation. Pastoral concerns may be referred to Deacon John by calling the Pastoral Care Line at 856.881.2841.
On Sunday at 10am, Jeannie Marcucci concludes a class on Just and Proper Use: A Small Study in Eco-Spirituality. You can download a copy of the booklet. There will be no more adult formation offerings on Sunday mornings in August.
Sunday School for children at St. Thomas’ is taking the summer off, as is our normal rhythm. However, the Diocese of New Jersey is continuing to offer an online option: check it out!
Kitchen of Hope’s mission of combating food insecurity is more important than ever during this time of mass unemployment. Therefore we will be offering food distributions on two different Saturdays in August: the second and the fourth (8 August and 22 August). Volunteers are needed but you must sign up with Vivian H. and come only during your assigned shift so that we may continue to comply with state and Diocesan guidelines on social distancing!
Are you interested in helping out in the aftermath of the explosion in Beirut? The Bishop of the Diocese of Jerusalem, has issued an appeal to support All Saints Episcopal Church in Beirut, which will certainly serve as a center for relief efforts. See photos and information about how you can contribute.
Announcements for the bulletin or parish email are due into the office by noon on Wednesday of each week. You can email them to Sarah Ternay or call the office at 856-881-9144. Announcements are subject to editing due to limited space.
Lectionary readings for this week: Genesis 45:1-15, Psalm 133, Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32, Matthew 15: (10-20), 21-28
Lectionary readings for next week: Exodus 1:8-2:10, Psalm 124, Romans 12:1-8, Matthew 16:13-20
Please continue in your daily prayers for: Dennis, Marge, Brad, Joann, Ruth, Medical Personnel threatened, sickened, and dying from their service to patients with Covid-19, Joan, Steven, Nancy, Tamara, Donna, Sandy, Freidel-Kramer Family, Rona, Joan, Kathy, Marie, Dawn
This Weekend Online
- Saturday, 5.30pm: Evening Prayer
With Sunday lessons & homily.
- Sunday, any time: Morning Prayer (pre-recorded)
- Sunday, 9.00am: Online Sunday School with the Diocese of NJ
- Sunday, 10.00am: Just and Proper Use of Creation led by Jeannie Marcucci
- Sunday, 11.15am: Holy Eucharist with Spiritual Communion
at the Washington National Cathedral
- Daily Morning Prayer (Monday through Saturday)
- Monday, 4pm: Centering Prayer
- Tuesday, Noon: Coffee Hour
- Wednesday, 6.30pm: Prayer in the Evening
Check-in and a brief (5-minute) service of prayer.
- Wednesday, 7.00pm: Bible Study with Bishop Stokes
Events hosted by St. Thomas’ are accessed via Zoom: instructions here.
Bishop Stokes is encouraging congregations to join 1,000+ faith & non-profit leaders from more than 100 religious congregations & non-profits in New Jersey on August 31 as we come together to press for concrete actions from state leaders around racial equity & criminal justice. The specific proposals are non-partisan and aimed at the stark racial and economic disparities in New Jersey. Register now!
We celebrate the saints:
Jonathan Myrick Daniels
Seminarian (14 August 1965)
This Week at St. Thomas’
- SINCE FRIDAY, MARCH 13 BUILDINGS CLOSED – NO EVENTS ON CAMPUS
- MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY DAILY OFFICE The Daily Office is the cycle of prayers traditional to Christians (and Jews before us!) that we see hinted at in the Psalms and elsewhere. Join St. Thomas’ as we pray, Monday through Saturday. Morning Prayer is posted online each morning at 5am. You can listen to it at whatever time suits you. Compline (bed-time prayers) is at 9pm.
See a list of upcoming events or check them out on a calendar.
An entertaining video posted from the Bishop’s social media.
Saturdays, 5:30pm: Evening Prayer
Sundays, 8am: Morning Prayer (recorded)
Sundays, 9am: Sunday School (Diocese of NJ)
Sunday School for children
Sundays, 10am: Adult Formation
Sunday School for adults – some Sundays in summer
Sundays, 11.15am: Holy Eucharist at the National Cathedral
Mondays, 4pm: Centering Prayer
Tuesdays, Noon: Coffee Hour
Wednesday, 6.30pm: Prayer in the Evening
Wednesdays, 7.00pm: Bible Study with the Bishop
Daily on Weekdays: Morning Prayer and Compline
Emergency Pastoral Care: