The Episcopal Church at Rowan University is a consortium of Episcopal parishes who have banded together around a common goal: to share with the students, faculty and staff of Rowan University the Good News of a God who loves us.
To keep up with what’s going on, be sure to follow us on instagram!
Our student group is led by sophomore Rachael O. We also enjoy a collaborative relationship with Rowan’s Office of Social Justice, Inclusion, and Conflict Resolution.
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to engaging with campus in ways that are safe, healthy, healing — and in compliance with Rowan’s own policies and directives. For the present, this means most of our events are held online.
Join us for Noonday Prayer (Tuesday, 2.30pm) and Compline (Wednesdays, 8pm). If you are asked for a password, it is the number of the highway that runs right through campus.
Activities for Spring 2021 include:
- Weekly Noonday Prayer on Tuesdays at 2.30pm
- Weekly Compline on Wednesdays at 8pm
- A Netflix Party on Tuesday, February 2nd, at 8:00 PM where we watched Loving, a biopic film about an interracial couple living in the South during the 1950s.
- A special guest speaker for Black History month: Canon Noreen Duncan from the Diocese of New Jersey. This event was held on February 25th.
- A Netflix Party on March 5th, watching the documentary “Becoming” about Michelle Obama.
- A Netflix Party on March 23rd, watching “Iron Lady” about Margaret Thatcher.
- Church in the Woods, a gathering for prayer and the Eucharist as we observe Pride Month, on 15 April at 4pm. Location TBD.
How would you like to connect with us? Please be in touch with your questions, concerns, or interests. If you belong to the campus community of Rowan University, we invite you to get involved with TEC@RU!