1 Reliable Information on COVID-19
One of the joys and tragedies of the information age is the flood of information. How do you choose what is reliable and worth reading? Stick to sources you trust. Suggestions include:
2 The State’s Response to COVID-19
3 The Church’s Response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ’s from the Diocese of New Jersey
- ERD Faith-Based Response to Epidemics
- Presiding Bishop Curry’s Address about COVID-19
- Bishop Stokes’ Communication Calling for the Closure of Church Buildings
- Presiding Bishop Curry’s Address about Easter and Holy Week
- Online worship opportunities from the Diocese of New Jersey
4 Information about St. Thomas’
Due to the current outbreak of the Covid-19 Virus, all activities on the church campus are suspended until further notice. This suspension of activities began on Friday, 13 March 2020, in by the direction of our Bishop in consultation with medical experts and clergy from across the Diocese.
Our buildings may be closed, but our church continues to operate! We have two primary functions during this time of disruption:
- To worship God
- To care for one another
We will continue in our worship individually, using the Prayer Book, Lenten guides, or other resources. We will continue in our worship collectively, using Zoom or videos linked on the St. Thomas’ website, on the Diocesan website, or elsewhere.
We will care for one another in various ways, including:
- Meeting together on Zoom for meetings, conversations, and studies
- Calling one another regularly on the phone
- Providing for the needs of any who find themselves stuck at home and running out of essentials
- Other ways the Holy Spirit teaches us
While we fast from weekly worship together, we can remain united in heart, in purpose, and in encouragement. This is our unasked-for Lenten discipline, from which we can look forward with new zeal to the day of Resurrection.
During this time, please feel free to communicate with friends in the parish or to contact the church office via telephone (856.881.9144) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The phone will not be answered, but messages will be checked frequently.